ACCREDITED TRAINING COURSES OFFERED - LIMITED AVAILABILITY
Take advantage of professional training courses conducted on Monday, November 27th at the ASIP Conference. No additional fees required if you are attending the conference! Certificates of Completion provided to attendees. Class space is limited so plan early to attend.
Instructor: Mr. Jim Harter & Mr. Alex Litvinov, AFGROW
Course Time: Monday, November 27, 2017 / 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (View on Agenda)
A 4-hour AFGROW training class will review the features/capabilities in the new release (Version 5.3) and include a basic overview of the Linear Elastic Fracture Mechanics (LEFM) methods used for life prediction purposes.
The latest (64 bit) release of AFGROW has the following new capabilities:
- Advanced bearing load solution for one or two through-the-thickness cracks at a hole in a plate
- Out-of-plane bending option for users to set the axial fraction desired for solution
- Multiple crack growth rate data tables as a function of environment (temperature, humidity, etc.)
- Ability to input tabular crack growth rate data for two, orthogonal crack growth directions
- XML spectrum format (allows spectrum level tags for environment or to track associated damage)
- K-solution for a corner crack at the "knee" of a countersunk hole - New weight function solutions
These capabilities will be demonstrated, and the practical limitations for the use of LEFM will be discussed.
Instructor: Mr. Matt Watkins, ESRD, Inc.
Course Time: Monday, November 27, 2017 / 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (View on Agenda)
This 2 hour course will provide instructions for using the Crack Propagation Analysis Tool (CPAT) to simulate 3D crack growth at a fastener hole in a fatigue test specimen. Residual stresses due to cold-working of the hole are taken into account. CPAT provides an easy-to-use interface which significantly reduces the manual effort involved in complex crack growth simulations using the finite element method. Finite element solutions are computed using the StressCheck solver, renowned in the aerospace finite element analysis community for extracting high quality stress intensity factors (SIFs) for complex parts and assemblies.
Demonstrations of the software will focus on features and capabilities that are particularly suited to the ASIP community, including error and uncertainty propagation throughout the crack growth simulations.
Attendees will receive an evaluation copy of the CPAT software.
The following is a break-down of the topics to be explored:
1. Overview of Simulation Apps and their relevance.
2. Instructions for the CPAT user interface and feature set.
3. Description of how the tool works "under the hood," including the basic algorithm and communication with StressCheck through the StressCheck COM API.
4. Instructions for how to use CPAT to assess the effect of error and uncertainty propagations, with examples of solved cases.
5. Q&A Session.
ASIP has always been an excellent conference over the past 30 years for the opportunities I have had to participate during that time.Past ASIP Attendee
I attend a lot of conferences, and this one is the best! The organization is thoroughly professional, yet still friendly. I love the technological features, such as the conference app.Past ASIP Attendee